Many businesses have realized the importance of going online, and many of them have managed to grow and reach customers they wouldn’t reach before. There are many different options when it comes to creating a website, with each having its own pros and cons. WordPress is one of the most common option today, with many of the websites using it. WordPress has made it easier for business owners to create amazing websites without having to spend a lot of money. You also don’t need to spend a lot of time learning the complex world of web design. Why is WordPress good for businesses?
It is easy to set up, manage, and update
You don’t need to have programming and coding skills to start using WordPress. You just need an internet connection and a web browser to start creating your website. You head over to the official WordPress website and create an account, you will be able to have your website online in a couple of minutes. They can host your domain name for a small additional fee.
WordPress has proved to be the perfect starting point for any business. Once you decide to customize your website further, you will have an easier time migrating your starter website to a web hosting account.
Great for both a blog and website
WordPress started out as a blogging system many years ago and have evolved into a full-featured web content management system. You can use the platform to manage both your website and blog. If you want just a blog, you can use it too.
Thousands of Professionally Designed Themes
You can easily have a professionally designed website without having to spend anything on hiring a professional web designer. There are thousand free themes in their directory. There are also some themes available for a fee. This gives you the chance to choose the right theme for you from thousands of options.
Plugins Add Complex Features
You don’t have to hire a coder to add complex business features to your website. WordPress was designed to be extended, and this has given programmers to create amazing plugins. Thousands of plugins available are there to add functionality to the core system.
Search Engine Friendly
WordPress is search engine friendly, it solves a lot of SEO issues. There are plugins such as Yoast SEO plugin that will make your website even more search engine friendly. Affordable SEO is a lot easier to achieve with a well designed and optimized WordPress website.
The number of people accessing the internet using their mobile phone has continued to increase. If your website doesn’t work well on smartphones or tablets, customers might decide to skip your site and look for another one. Many themes have been designed to be mobile friendly. The WordPress dashboard is also mobile friendly; you can easily manage your website from anywhere.
It has been around for long
WordPress has been around for many years and has been refined, tested, and enhanced over the years. This has made it evolve into a world-class web publishing system.
WordPress will go a long way in helping you with web needs.
WordPress For E-Commerce – A Great Partnership
Are you considering building a website and launching an e-commerce business? WordPress is one of the best content management systems you can use to build your site. The software is very easy to use and is free through most web hosts. WordPress helps solve the problem that many online entrepreneurs face in deciding how to balance navigation and appearance and the best way to exploit the power of the internet. WordPress has some features that make it great for e-commerce sites above and beyond its ease of use. It outpaces its closest competitors, Drupal and Joomla and is used on almost 3/4 of all sites that use a content management system.
Some people are hesitant about using WordPress, thinking it is still primarily a blogging platform. While this was true when WordPress first launched, it can now be used for just about any type of website and is great for e-commerce. It also allows you to run a multi-purpose site which many of the e-commerce packages such as Shopify and Magneto will not.
If you already have a WordPress site and want to optimize it or e-commerce, that’s easy to do, too. There are a few minor tweaks you can implement which will take you site to the next level. One of the great things about WordPress is you can make these types of changes easily and they take effect immediately.
- Images. Adding high-quality images that are shot from multiple angles and which are zoomable are important. Online customers find it frustrating when they can’t see the entire image of a product. Great photos will improve your customer’s shopping experience.
- Another great addition to your e-commerce site is good videos of and about your products. Your customers will thank you for providing more comprehensive information on the products. They will use these videos to help make their buying decisions and may be more likely to purchase through your site.
- Products descriptions must be engaging and well-written. They must also help the customer by being informative and honest. Don’t simply use the manufacturer’s product description. These are usually very dry and dull. Take their detail, but pump it up with colorful language and images.
- Use titles that are SEO-optimized. Another benefit of WordPress is the ability to publish almost any type of text. Simply adding the right keywords to your product titles will help raise your site’s search engine ranking. Consider using a plugin (something WordPress makes impressively simple) to tailor your titles and subtitles for the search engines.
- WordPress allows you to have an infinite number of pages. Use these to clearly define your policies, procedures and to add a FAQ page. You can make them easily accessible and visible in your navigation menu. People like to know return policies, payment methods accepted, etc. and will use a company who is transparent about how their business operates.
The great thing about WordPress for an e-commerce site is everything you need is in one package. You have control of your site, there’s an intuitive interface, and you can modify your site as often as you need.